Sr. QA Automation Engineer (Remote - USA or Canada) at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Social Messaging group as a Quality and Automation Engineer. You will team up with a group of experienced Software Development experts, and together you will build the strategic solution for integrating social networks brand-specific conversations into the LiveEngage platform for further servicing and monitoring. This role provides an opportunity to enter a fast-growing organization and shape the future of LivePerson.
In this role you will:
- Conduct acceptance and exploratory testing of different web applications.
- Builds software that tests candidate production code for the purpose of improving the quality of the code.
- Drive better development processes within CI/CD, involving quality control activities earlier to ensure high-quality code in the final product when it is first deployed to production.
- Track, review, and approve the coverage of testing in existing systems and services (test plan, unit tests, system tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests).
- Interact with development teams, play the role of QA mentor and assist developers in writing their own tests. Help evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that teams use industry-accepted best practices.
You should have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience as a software automation testing using - Git, Jenkins, Artifactory tools.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes implementing testing as part of CI/CD pipelines, using Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Experience in testing directly against HTTP-based restful web services and indirectly by using UI automation
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Cloud providers experience such as AWS, GCP.
- Understanding the tools of the trade, for instance, Selenium, Selenium Grid, Mocha, and JUnit/Jest
- Working with large micro-services oriented systems
- Working in a global organization with the geographically distributed product and technology locations
- Understanding of agile development methodology (Scrum)
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top-tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have the ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.