Sr. Manager - Systems Engineering at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This position reports to: Director, Systems Engineering
ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise.
As a Senior Manager of Systems Engineering, you will oversee a team responsible for architecting, building, and scaling our global cloud infrastructure systems that are at the heart of the ServiceNow product. This role provides technical leadership to the engineering team, interfaces with product development teams on new systems and enhancements of existing systems, recruiting, team development and creation of key performance metrics. Key to success is the ability to drive technical projects to completion across a global team through effective cross-organizational efforts.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead an engineering team responsible for the definition, configuration, delivery, and validation of services across our private and public cloud infrastructure.
- Work with Product and Program management to define and communicate the team's external commitments and roadmap.
- Facilitate engineering team autonomy by assisting with project planning, prioritization, Agile process, and skill development.
- Support growth of engineers via hiring, goal setting, development of individual development plans, and performance reviews.
- Assess risks, vulnerabilities, and mitigations of existing systems to ensure these systems are highly available, operationally sound, perform at scale, and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with peer teams on complex, global engineering efforts to ensure architecture agreement, resource coordination and implementation timelines.
- Set and sustain technical standards and best-practices in your domain.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience leading systems/software/hardware development and engineering, release management and DevOps across a global 24x7 production environment.
- Technical fluency in Linux and cloud technologies, infrastructure automation, DevOps practices, and software engineering principles.
- Ability to drive technical direction while supporting engineering autonomy and creativity.
- Demonstrated success balancing competing priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Skill working cross-functionally to build consensus and drive complex projects and issues to completion.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.