Sr. Hardware Engineer, Battery Management System at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Job Number: 54606
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Mobility USA
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: TROY, LOWELL
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We're the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we're more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it's our talented people who lead us on this journey.
Magna New Mobility Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior BMS Hardware Engineer to join the Advanced Product Development group in Troy, Michigan (can be based out of Lowell, MA). Must be a passionate all-rounder equally capable of developing and integrating new software controls solutions within battery and charging systems.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with minimal supervision to meet defined program objectives and milestones in an environment where they will be given the freedom to innovate, explore new methods and solutions. Magna New Mobility offers an agile engineering and development community; one in which a candidate will be expected to bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Develop next generation BMS technology design ((Battery Management System) from concept to delivery
- Design the BMS control board in accordance with systems requirements including functional and ISO-26262
- Own the BMS hardware roadmap
- Author BMS Component Specification, DVP and lessons learned documents
- Working with BMS Software team to develop hardware / software interface specifications, integrate software with developed BMS hardware, and support in debugging design issues
- Perform schematic capturing and circuit simulation (analog and digital)
- Develop FMEA, FMEDA, WCCA, FTA of hardware to support electronics and functional safety design analysis
- Develop electronics DV plan in accordance with program timing
- Review test results and support issue root-cause analysis with battery systems and BMS software teams
- Brainstorm hardware design approaches for isolation detection, weld checks, HVIL, pyro-fuse, fuse blown detection, centralized / distributed CSC architectures as per pack design
- Keep a tab on future trends in electronics such as smart BDU design, wireless CSC architectures etc
- Bachelors or Master of Science degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with electronic module design and testing
- 3+ years of working knowledge of Microprocessor based controller design and testing
- 3+ years of working knowledge of communication circuits and protocols (e.g. CAN, Serial, etc.).
- Experience in Electric vehicle battery controls.
- Electronic manufacturing experience.
- Experience in Spice or similar for circuit design simulations
- Deep understanding of battery management system and its technology trend
- Experience in PCB design, using schematic capture and layout tools
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
- Domestic and international travel ~5%
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit