Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Our engineering team is growing! We’re looking for a seasoned Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing technologies to the limits. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and the rest of the engineering team to build elegant and scalable product experience across multiple platforms.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with full stack and other engineering teams to design, implement, test, deploy web applications, APIs, services, and systems end to end
- Participate in technical design collaborations, contribute to designing, documenting, and testing technical solutions to meet business objectives
- Work closely with engineering and product managers to plan, build, and launch new features at scale
- Maintain high engineering coding performance standards by participating in peer code reviews while maintaining codebases and processes
- Design new API's to be used in our core products
- Debug issues across entire stack, using tools like Sentry
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Review code by your peers on GitHub, offering help and insight from your experience
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 5-7 years experience with strong understanding of production infrastructure needs
- At least 3+ years of experience as project lead/core developer
- Demonstrated track record of building and scaling products/platforms to millions of users
- Are a product-minded engineer, thinking outside of the box to continuously improve our product
- Enjoy learning and teaching functional programming best practices
- Aim for simple, well documented code
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs to make the best decision for the business
- Are able to pair program with other team members
- Have strong communication skills and ability to explain your approach to all team members
BIG PLUS if you have
- Google AMP - Redux
- Cypress/Jest - AWS Lambda - Elasticsearch - CircleCI
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.