What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balance-for-the-better) and inclusion.
What is the job?
Our Solutions Architects (SA) are responsible for driving successful implementation projects for their assigned accounts and projects. The goal of the SA is to architect a successful solution that delivers on the benefits and value that are expected from the ThoughtSpot solution. The SA must be able to understand a client’s desired goals and business objectives, and then craft a solution that meets the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and enjoy collaborating with a team of colleagues who are all passionate about data and about driving success for our customers. The SA will work cross-functionally with our Engagement Managers (EM), Customer Success Managers (CSM), Sales, Sales Engineers (SE), Support, Delivery Partners, Product Management and Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to Client’s technical team
- Deliver successful end-to-end technical architecture to meet client’s business objectives and BI/Analytics requirements
- Design the ThoughtSpot solution for performance and scalability
- Advise client on data quality requirements for ThoughtSpot
- Create data model for BI/Analytics needs that will help the customer answer business questions for the identified use case
- Understand, document and design for client’s security requirements
- Design relevant ThoughtSpot artifacts (worksheets, searches and pinboards) that will help drive desired end-user experience
- Work with Engagement Manager to drive issue resolution
- Collaborate with Customer Success Manager to hand-off work product for user adoption
- Establish working relationships with the relevant client sponsors
- Train customer resources in ThoughtSpot administration
What you bring:
- Experience in consulting/solution delivery, with 5-10 years of designing, architect and leading technical implementations
- Required to have played the role of a consultant/architect
- Extensive experience in ability to understand client’s objectives and requirements (use case), translating it to technical design and solution to drive client’s business imperatives
- Solid experience working with Sales and Pre-sales teams to deliver client solutions
- Experience working with Product Management and Engineering teams to prioritize customer product requests/defects to deliver successful engagements
What will set you apart:
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing ecosystem (e.g. Data sources / ETL / Data warehouse / Data marts)
- Understanding of different types of schemas (OLTP vs. OLAP, snowflake, etc.)
- Proven experience in delivering customer projects with products such as: Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI
- Familiarity with ETL tools (such as Informatica, SSIS, DataStage, Kettle, Matillion, Talend) and Python is a plus
- Strong knowledge and working experience of cloud data warehouse (CDW) technologies like Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery and/or Azure Synapse.
- Working knowledge of Cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
- Prior consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ThoughtSpot is the Modern Analytics Cloud company. Our mission is to create a more fact-driven world with the easiest to use analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, anyone can leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. Companies can now put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications improve decision-making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s developer-friendly platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. Organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society rely on ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.