To be successful in this role as the Lead Quality engineer, you will work closely with the lead for software best practices, engineering delivery leaders and other technology stakeholders to define and implement the practices for the Quality Engineering function across the organization.
Teams are located in Orlando, Seattle and Burbank/Glendale.
Responsibilities:This role is responsible for the implementation, improvement, and success of reporting against overall quality programs. The ideal candidate should be a seasoned QE Lead with a mix of QA, Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills. This role will focus on providing overall definition and implementation of quality engineering best practices, and lead implementation of those practices across the programs and projects within the enterprise tech portfolio. It will emphasize soft skills, negotiation and persuasion, and a consultative mindset that will monitor the QA implementation, and bring the appropriate combination of solutions, program management, and deliverable management to the stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of QE best practices
- Consult and implement right-fit test automation approach
- Consult on Agile testing and test automation (accelerators, tools and partner's products)
- Lead Implementation of solutions for test automation, CI/CD, DevOps and more
- Performing ongoing assessments of QA capabilities vs organizational gaps; presenting pilots, POCs, and implementation plans of the same
- Work with stakeholders to track and transform QA, maintaining its agility and flexibility to needs
- Partner with the QE and delivery best practices team to develop measurement processes/systems to measure velocity, value, and quality.
- Participate in the selection and/or design of new tools or automation.
- Report, classify, and perform trend analysis on test metrics.
- Articulate risk areas and key accomplishments on an ongoing basis
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Engineering and test automation
- Strong experience and thought leader in Quality Engineering developing and implementing best testing practices
- Strong experience in using a metrics driven analytic approach to measuring quality
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of service standards and technologies such as XML, JSON, REST and Maven
- Strong knowledge of tools such as GitLab, Jira and Postman
- Ability to interact with developers and technology leaders at a technical level
- Must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent