At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We're seeking a Software Engineering Leader who is passionate about people growth and organizational development. This is a unique opportunity for managing and developing an engineering team that is working on internal applications to enable the discovery, analysis, creation, editing, and publishing of content across multiple channels to move our mission forward. In this role you will be responsible for coaching & developing team members, streamlining processes, coordinating releases, and being a strong advocate for engineering practices while collaborating with Product, QA, Design, and other internal partners. If you are not only interested in software engineering and the challenges it presents, but more importantly deeply cares about your colleagues, and the teachers and students who we impact, this job could be a perfect job for you.
The Impact that you'll have:
- Hands on development of a software engineering team, in collaboration with product and vendor partners, for the delivery of content authoring, workflow, and publish functionality.
- Manage risk and prioritize engineering activity for a project or scrum team.
- Develop associates and provide career and technical guidance to a team of engineers
- Deliver technical solutions to challenges and problems related to browser, device, and OS compatibility
- Facilitate collaboration internally amongst developers, externally across other teams, and cross functionally with QA, product, and design.
- Streamline processes to drive efficiency and continuous delivery.
- Advocate for engineering initiatives like building out tooling & automation, and tech debt cleanup.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- 1+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop team members while helping them grow towards their potential.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience with Scrum.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Passion for creating meaningful change in the classroom for teachers and students
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. Enjoy perks like a paid company cell phone and flexible hours when needed.