insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!Job Description
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineering Manager to lead a team responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining our class-leading suite of Enterprise Performance Management products. The chosen candidate must be a self-starter, possess great organizational skills, and have excellent communication abilities. A proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineering Managers who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for software development, deeply care about code quality, and be committed to continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Product teams to develop the best technical design and approach for product development
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the development team by defining, implementing, and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for the product line
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class development team
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle within an Agile-SCRUM development process
- Delivery of quality applications on-time and on-budget
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Evolution of the software development practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of new developers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies, and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
- Develop and execute unit testing strategies and processes
- Drive and manage the bug triage process, represent the development team in project meetings to ensure efficient testing and bug fixing process, and be an effective advocate for the development group
- Report on the status of product quality to management, customer support, and product teams via rigorous execution of detailed plans and accurate reporting of test cases executed, bugs discovered, bugs fixed, etc.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning and Management – Highly effective planning and organizational skills
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new technologies
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing development best practices
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment
- Effective Communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills - a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively
Qualification and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- Seven years of experience in software engineering, with at least three years as an Engineering Manager
- SCRUM Master Certified
- Experience leading engineering teams using the SCRUM development framework
- Experience with developing and managing SaaS applications
- Previously demonstrated project management success on similar projects with emphasis placed on experience with ERP integration application development
- Strong technical vision and continuous improvement drive
- Strong SQL capabilities and experienced working with Postgres and MySQL.
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST, and OData.
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with AWS is highly desirable.
- Experience building Cloud solutions and services.
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes.
- Proven professional experience working with TDD and CI environments
- Extreme understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle’s best-practices and processes
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, or Bitbucket
- High proficiency in writing automated tests using a testing framework such as MSTest, Junit, and NUnit
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
*U.S. based applicants only; preferably eastern time zone.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **