Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for technical product guidance and part of the architecture. You will be hands on and involved in the delivery of key product initiatives for the OnePass product. The Engineering Manager will develop subject matter expertise on functionality for the team and hold ownership in the analysis, coordination and mentoring of the team on all matters internal or external. The OnePass team delivers a fitness product that tailors to the individual's needs, enabling users to take charge and make the most of their fitness experience. Working within a team comprised of diverse skills, you will build engaging user interfaces and develop internally used tools to deliver content across several web and mobile platforms.
- Bridging the gap between Business, Engineering, and Enterprise Architecture, providing a single point of contact for all engineering activities of the team
- Understanding all components and integration points of the system under team's ownership in depth
- Understanding all integration points for the components owned by the team
- Understanding codebases owned by the team. Able to review, code and debug when necessary
- Able to perform feature level design given high-level requirements
- Tracking tech debt of the team and manages it proactively
- Executing based on the security posture of the team and being accountable for designs that foster Optum's compliance and application security principles
- Understanding the business requirements and identifying the high level solutioning, analysis of its impacts and solution options. Proposes paths for executing on business processes or propose alternative business processes
- Bringing fruition to business processes which may not be entirely set or possibly vague
- Articulating components to our internal IT teams, application partners and our business product teams
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Data Mapping Solution Architecture, Systems Analysis, Translation-Consulting and/or turning requirements into solutions
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of real industry experience
- 2+ years of people leadership
- Unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- Commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL
- Background in Scala/Java or another compiled language, along with senior-level development
- Knowledge of REST/HTTP, JSON and backend systems
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience mentoring or leading a team of software engineers
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS, EC2, EKS, MKS, Elasticache)
- Experience with Postgres, Elasticsearch, and/or MongoDB a plus
- Familiarity with API platforms such as Mashery or Kong
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.