Software Engineering Manager - Kubernetes Ingress Controller (Remote) at Kong
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:24 a.m. (CST) on Monday, April 25, 2022
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
You will be the leader of a team that is building Kong for Kubernetes. This team is responsible for managing and developing Kong cloud-native components. We are responsible for building and pushing Kong to the bleeding edge of cloud-native and the CNCF stack.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver product features in Kong for Kubernetes, Ingress controller, and helm charts to help the company meet timely revenue goals and extend Kong for Cloud-Native Stack
- Hire, mentor and maintain healthy Engineering teams who value collaboration and innovation
- Manage through uncertainty and work closely with product management to deliver novel software solutions to customer problems
- Organize and manage your teams to fit constructively into the org as a whole and help the company succeed
- Give constructive feedback to Engineers, conduct 1:1’s, address inter-personal issues and conduct reviews
- Suggest Engineering guidelines, principles and processes to improve the Engineering org
- Assure high quality work and SLA adherence from the entire Engineering org.
- Any additional tasks required by manager.
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years of Eng management experience.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Experience doing reviews, hiring, comp.
- Demonstrated leadership of Engineering teams.
- Proven customer relationship skills sets.
- On-premise, cloud and hybrid product background.
- Experience working on an infrastructure product line.
- Hands on experience of building and maintain Kubernetes controllers or operators.
- Experience in running Kubernetes or having a thorough understanding of Kubernetes architecture.
- Experience in building and fostering an Open-Source community.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
More Information on Kong
Kong operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kong was founded in 2017. It has 354 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Flexible Work Schedule. To see all 25 open jobs at Kong, click here.
Read Full Job Description