Software Engineering Manager, Applications at Motorola Solutions (Dallas, TX)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewMotorola Solution’s is launching new products into our high growth Mobile Video and Evidence business unit. Solutions such as body cameras, in-car video, license plate recognition, and evidence management software are key solutions our team supports. We are a thriving and growing company looking for a great Engineering Manager to lead and grow some of our Engineering teams. This is a full time manager role overseeing the growth of our highly productive teams of smart and engaged engineers. We are looking not only for a talented Engineering Manager, but also someone that will contribute to our overall culture.
- Lead DevOps initiatives to continuously improve automation pipelines, innovate IT infrastructure and explore cost saving opportunities
- Drive release management process to ensure product quality
- Manage System Reliability Engineering team to enhance product stability and quality
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other cross-functional engineering teams to ensure optimal implementation of end to end solution from customer and business perspectives
- Strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult technical problems
- Recruit, inspire and develop talent
- Hold regular 1:1 with all members of the team
- Enjoy working in an Agile development environment
- Act as a servant leader by putting needs of the team first
- Lead by example and be a great communicator
- Take part in on-call rotations
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Experience developing C# web APIs and single page applications using Angular, React or other frameworks
- Experience building continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Experience working with global teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, other relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience in shipping software
- 3+ years of experience in managing an Agile software team
- Deep background in Applications and Infrastructure in Cloud Compute workloads, preferably using C# and .NET on Azure
- Experience and familiarity with a modern Agile / DevOps development process, including continuous integration and deploy project metrics, unifying development and operations, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing remote teams
Experience with developing distributed systems, both cloud and on premise
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.