Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
Arcadia helps organizations improve the quality of healthcare, and we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test with a high attention to detail and a desire to improve everything they lay their hands on to develop market-leading software and the generation of its data warehousing technology.
Our product integrates massive clinical datasets, electronic health record systems, and financial claims data feeds for real-time insights to patient health, quality of care, and medical expense.
This is an opportunity to be part of the healthcare industry's rapid transformation as we empower many of the best healthcare organizations around the country with beautiful, easy-to-use software that mines hundreds of millions of patient records and presents highly interactive visual insights, guiding the decisions that improve patient's lives and reverse the trend of explosive healthcare costs.
What Success Looks Like...
In 3 Months - Train in the different areas of the software system and SDLC process- Setup development environment for assigned projects- Work on enhancement and issue testing- Work with Product to build out acceptance criteria for new requirements- Deliver quality reports with updated strategy, plan, and risk assessments
In 6 Months - Propose mitigation plans to project risks- Develop reusable and custom test components for the project test frameworks- Developing a range of automate test scenarios with varying complexity- Work on higher level enhancement requests and defects testing- Perform code reviews on other team's project tests- Identify bottlenecks and blockers to efficient testing processes and actions
In 12 Months - Working on standardized test framework development- Automate high leverage manual test scenarios- Increase test coverage across integration point boundaries- Work on teams with Product, Engineering, or Implementation to build out tools and frameworks for better testing- Pick an SME (Subject Matter Expert) path for what excites you the most
What You'll Be Doing
- Be an active contributor on an Agile Software development team
- Work with Product stakeholders to develop user story acceptance criteria, write test scenarios, and automated tests based on that criteria
- Craft and implement strategies to build test processes and tools across project boundaries
- Build and execute tests for infrastructure as code
- Document and report the results of test activities
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve software development processes
- Example Projects:
- Hundreds of physicians, nurses, and care managers enabled to search across millions of patients with a blazing fast typeahead search. The catch? Each user has a unique security profile that determines which patients they're allowed to see
- Care managers allowed to design custom intake forms and securely share them with patients for soliciting responses prior to a scheduled visit
- An outreach campaign builder that empowers care managers to identify patients in need of a specific intervention, send them intelligent and actionable text message outreach, and track responses and efficacy
- Integrate with Google's Maps API to give quality managers visibility into the geographic distribution of utilization and expense so that they can plan neighborhood-based interventions and preventive care with the sickest patients
What You'll Bring
- BS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Recent experience working with modern web frameworks (Angular, React, Django, Rails, Node.js, etc.)
- Recent experience working with a few of the following test frameworks/tools: Cypress.io, Percy.io, Selenium, Jest, RSpec, JUnit, RestAssured, Jmeter, Terratest
- Expert in SQL or NoSql database such as MySql, Postgres, Cassandra, MS SqlServer, or Oracle
- Commitment to learning new skills and improving upon existing ones
- Experience with building test automation frameworks or full stack software development projects
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism on designs and code - we work as a team
Would Love for You to Have
- Familiarity with distributed Hadoop-like technologies such as Spark or Storm
- Familiarity with HL7, CCD, CCLF file formats/designs
- Experience with Apache Mesos (DC/OS) and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and pull requests
- Experience with AWS Lambda, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS MQ, and/or Apache Kafka
- Open source contributions are a plus
What You'll Get
- Join a high performing team who brings all data into one of the top Healthcare Analytics companies in the US
- Learn a TON about healthcare and the bleeding edge of healthcare analytics and medical economics
- Learn the Apache tech stack and distributed computing
- Become an expert in clinical and claims healthcare data
- Chance to be surrounded by a team of extremely talented and dedicated individuals driven to succeed
- Be a part of a mission driven company that is transforming the healthcare industry by changing the way patients receive care
- A flexible, remote friendly company with personality and heart
- Employee driven programs and initiatives for personal and professional development
- Be a member of the Arcadian and Barkadian Community
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website , our online resources , and our interactive Data Gallery .
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.