All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
What we are looking for…
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for the best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud is looking for a Software Engineer to join a brand new engineering team on our Cloud Directory Platform whose charter will be to focus on the Voice of the Customer.
You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the success of this team as it dives directly into customer feedback about their experiences with and expectations for our products and services. This unique team’s charter will be to help understand the customer’s needs and expectations and then capitalize on that understanding by improving existing functionality to remove current friction points they face. This could entail working across the complete JumpCloud platform to provide the best customer experience around our products and services.
What you will be doing…
- Drive feature implementation with the team through both individual contributions along with providing guidance to the team.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, architects and UX on a scrum team to deliver incremental value to our customers.
- Partner with Architects and CloudOps to help make key technology decisions that ensure our designs are highly available, scalable and performant.
- Help the team and organization live by our core values: building connections, thinking big and getting 1% better every day.
What skills will help you succeed…
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience in a variety of languages. JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python and Vue.js
- 2+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in one of the public cloud providers AWS, GCP or Azure
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and using them as integration points with third-party applications. Bonus points if you have implemented APIs based off of the gRPC protocol
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy to environments
- Knowledge of BDD testing methodologies and how to incorporate them into the SDLC process
- Solid communication skills
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $115,000-$155,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description