Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Software Engineer at Daxko, you will be helping power health and wellness throughout the world by contributing to several applications that help gym owners manage their memberships, allow their customers to track workouts, and provide world-class tools to grow our customers’ businesses.
You will work on a large-scale NodeJS application that powers the leading workout tracking mobile application, SugarWOD. This application feeds data via APIs while also providing a web-based hub for gym owners and program suppliers to create content and engage with their members. You’ll create cutting-edge APIs, help to fine-tune application performance, and guide the technical direction of the application.
You will aid in solving complex engineering problems and provide feedback to other engineers via code reviews. You will also collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and peer engineers to help define the technical direction for features and participate in technical discussions. You have strong communication skills, honed to be able to present solutions to technical challenges to adjacent teams. You’re self-motivated, collaborative, and open to new ideas.
You will also:
- Develop high-quality applications that provide a delightful user experience and meet business expectations
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured, and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Participate in system architecture and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data-driven approach
- Be an active participant in all Agile team events
- Three (3+) years of Software Engineering or other relevant experience
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Extensive experience with application development in modern object-oriented programming languages
- Experience in SQL or other relational data storage technologies
- Experience in automated testing practices including unit testing, integration testing, and/or performance testing
- Extensive knowledge of applicable development tools, technologies, methodologies, design patterns, and best practices
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
- Open to remote work