Software Engineer III (Java) at Accolade
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
The Software Engineer III is responsible for the design, development, and operation of services and/or web applications. As a valuable member of the team, you will drive multiple product features, deliver them with high quality and work as part of a team to monitor and operate your services in production.
A day in the life…
- Work with Product Management and Development Lead to define the scope and requirements
- Work with Development Lead to effectively Design, Architect and plan the delivery of the proposed scope
- Help with hiring and interviewing prospective team members
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality for team and as an individual.
- Effectively communicate the status, manage expectations for the stake holders, demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in the areas of technical ownership
- Be constantly striving to grow and develop inter-personal and technical skills
What we are looking for…
- Experience in designing, architecting, and developing scalable services utilizing micro-service (i.e. Docker) and serverless technologies with a preference for experience with AWS ECS and Lambda.
- 5+ years of experience in building web services, REST APIs, and general backend infrastructure is required.
- Solid understanding of full stack web development on Open Source Technologies, Java and/or Python, a well as distributed database technologies such as AWS RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in building and working in a highly agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible environment.
- Strong foundation on Modern DevOps culture
- Experience in Healthcare especially with HIPAA compliance system is preferred.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent engineer with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customers
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Accolade, Inc. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
Please note that a request for exemption due to a personal preference not to receive a vaccine is not protected by law. All requests for exemptions from this mandate shall be directed to the Company recruiter who shall route the request to the Company’s human resources department.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.