Software Engineer II at Chewy (Dallas, TX)
Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Java for our Merchandising Platform team in Minneapolis, MN Or Dallas, TX. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor as part of a team of strong engineers building services for Chewy’s Merchandise Platforms. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
Do you enjoy working in an fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Our Techology mission is to design and build world-class technology platforms that empower our business partners to create exceptional customer experiences. We aim to support the business by consistently delivering high-quality solutions that quickly address our business challenges. We operate on the following principles: provide a simple way to manage the products we sell, price competitively to support long-term customer trust, and design highly effective promotions.
Introduction to Chewy:
Chewy Merchandising Platforms department is seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer within our Core shopping experience division. As a level 2 Software Engineer, you will be building services and frameworks that enable the Product Catalog system, with an initial focus on product bundling, to provide solutions for several business and technology initiatives. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires technical leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity.
What does it take to thrive as a Software Engineer at Chewy? You need to be innovative, creative, responsible, and curious while leading a team of engineers to move quickly to deliver results for our customers. You're excited about designing and implementing solutions that scale and engage customers to understand what’s needed to meet their needs. You're able to think about platforms, architecture, design principles, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our service architecture in the course of a single conversation. You’re looking work with engineering leadership and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
What You'll Do:
- Build application modules working with a team of engineers
- Design the complete solution of modules within a software ecosystem
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Provide technical guidance to your team in order to build quality software
- Bring industry best practices in terms of technology and process
What You'll Need:
- 2-7 years of experience as software engineer
- Strong knowledge of Java and other open source stack (spring, apache)
- Working knowledge on React Framework
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- 2+ years API development or engineering at scale
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Strong Experience with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Ecommerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]