As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
Work directly with traders (all ex-Wall Street professionals) growing the Trading Desk business by developing tools to facilitate institutional over the counter trading and algorithmic execution!
- Work closely with traders to implement tailored software solutions
- Take on primary ownership of a medium-sized project, including future design and architecture decisions
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Deploy and monitor continuously running applications
- Pull and consolidate data from various third-party APIs and other sources
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack or backend developer in the finance or trading industry
- At least 3 years of experience in Go
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby, or a similar scripting language
- Proficiency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Kubernetes) for deployment and orchestration
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or a similar web application framework
- Familiarity with ReactJS or similar frontend framework
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with core AWS services (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS)
- Experience with crypto/FX trading, derivatives and blockchains
- Experience writing smart order routing (SOR) strategies
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 208 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description