Software Engineer, Frontend/UI (open to remote) at Moveworks
We’re looking for a passionate, experienced Software Engineer to join our team. This role plays an essential part of the Moveworks AI product ecosystem. The ability to leverage ML intelligence for the frontend makes it innovative and fun! You’ll have a different playground to work on web UI here. Your work will impact every customer and the productivity of cross-functional teams at Moveworks. In other words, we needed you here yesterday!
This role at Moveworks is unlike most other frontend roles and encompasses a variety of projects across the entire company. As Conversational UI is more limited than Web UI, and chat adoption level varies for each customer, you will be building out a hybrid UI with both Chat and Web to deliver the optimal end-user experience. Additionally, you will be taking our Production Admin UI to the next level, to scale our enterprise customer base fast. Last, (but not finally) you will be building out a data and annotation tooling pipeline, which is key in ML training and feedback loops for our product development. You will be deeply involved in design and shipping code daily and will see the immediate impact of your work. This is an opportunity to play an integral role at the fastest-growing AI startup in its space.Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Twitter, Snowflake, Instacart, Coca Cola, and Hearst to move forward on what matters.
What you’ll do:
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why Built In named Moveworks the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to augment end-user experience, find creative solutions to fill in gaps in technology, and increase chat adoption for customers
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to design and implement an admin UI for real-time visibility and control of the production system
- Work closely with the Machine Learning and Annotation team to design and implement highly efficient and high impact tooling UI for various product areas
- Think strategically about the future of frontend within conversational AI and be prepared to try new things
- Promote best practices and standards to build modular and scalable web apps and APIs between backend services
- Improve collaboration process between cross-functional teams
- Find and address front-end performance issues
- Implement automated tests, participate in code reviews, and ship code on a daily basis
- BS or higher degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience building complex web applications
- Experience with a major Web UI framework (e.g. ReactJS) and experience building UI at scale
- A good sense of product design and cross-functional collaboration skills
- A constant thirst for learning and a willingness to get out of your comfort zone
- Experience working with Machine Learning products
- Exposure to Conversational UI