Software Engineer, Frontend – Pet Health at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy’s Pet Health is on a mission to build innovative solutions for our customers and our partner vets, such as our recent launch of Chewy’s first Telehealth service and Compounding Pharmacy. Engineering plays a critical role in defining and executing our platform roadmap. We take time to understand the “why” before we start shaping up the “how.” We celebrate engineering successes and promote a blameless and continuous learning and improvement engineering culture. We set the bar high for delivering production-ready code by adopting CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous deployment) and DevOps engineering best practices. Our engineers are encouraged to contribute ideas and code to our own platform and to other partner teams.
As a Software Engineer focusing on the frontend as part of our Pet Health development team, you will be architecting and building scalable user experiences. You will own the architecture and build of production-ready code enforcing CI/CD processes to ensure speed and quality in building and deploying code. Your work will directly impact millions of customers who care for their furry family members every day.
- Architect, build, deploy and scale frontend Single Page Applications (SPAs).
- Adhere to enterprise architecture and coding standards.
- Actively participate in architecture and code reviews to deliver high quality code.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies such as grooming, planning, demos and retros.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience designing, building, deploying, testing and evolving responsive user experiences
- Experience designing and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or similar technical field of study preferred), or equivalent work experience
- Experience in e-commerce or Healthcare
- Experience with accessibility testing
- Experience in React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS/LESS) or CSS-in-JS
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress, or similar automated testing tools
- Experience with webRTC
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or similar tool
- Experience in Java or other backend programming languages
- Experience in Kubernetes and Helm Charts
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.