Software Engineer, Cloud Quality and Reliability at Zscaler (South Bay)
Title: Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Quality and Reliability
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers an entire gateway security stack-as-a-service and has positioned us as a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for 10 consecutive years. We are shaping the emerging SASE category and are well-positioned to dominate the massively growing cloud security market.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make-it-happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people with an unwavering desire to be their absolute best.
- As part of the Cloud Quality and Reliability team you will be responsible for the testing, tools development and test automation for Zscaler Big Data platform and Analytics services.
- Design & develop test plans for Zscaler's cloud logging and reporting Big data platform.
- Develop Programs/scripts using Python for test automation development.
- Design, develop and extend the automated testing frameworks.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues within Zscaler products running on Unix systems.
- Solve problems and establish plans and provide technical consultation in the design, development and test effort of Zscaler engineering projects which involves in-depth knowledge of Computer Networking and HTTP(s)
- Review product specifications and write the test case, develop test plans for assigned areas.
- Identifies issues and technical inter-dependencies and suggests possible solutions.
- Assist in development and delivery of training to cross-functional teams.
- Recreate complex customer and production reported issues in QA Lab.
- Responsible for coming up with the requirements for the Zscaler Cloud Service Monitors and automating them.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in QA & test automation within Networking and/or Big Data domain.
- Experienced in automation framework development & test automation.
- Experienced in Big Data platform and data analytics testing is preferred.
- Proficiency in Python for test automation & tools development
- Strong understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP(s) .
- Knowledge of Unix systems internal, Computer Networking, Database systems and query language.
- Experienced in Unix shell commands and shell scripts.
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands on & passionate about quality and willing to collaborate with multiple teams for testing.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
#LI - DC4
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.