Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Coinbase Analytics team is a full scale vertical team. We own blockchain data storage, analytics platforms and the products to facilitate deep understanding of blockchain data and making it easy for internal and external usages. As an engineer you will contribute to the full spectrum of our systems, from foundational processing and data storage, through scalable pipelines, to frameworks, tools and applications that make that data available to other teams and systems.
- Build out and operate our foundational data infrastructure: storage (cloud data warehouse, S3 data lake), orchestration (Airflow), processing (Spark, Flink), streaming services (AWS Kinesis & Kafka), BI tools (Looker & Redash), graph database, and real-time large scale event aggregation store.
- Build the next iteration of our ingestion pipeline for scale, speed, and reliability. Read from a variety of upstream systems (MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, MySQL, APIs), in both batch and streaming fashion, including change data capture. Make it self-service for non-engineers.
- Build and evolve the tools that empower colleagues across the company to access data and build reliable and scalable transformations. This includes UIs and simple frameworks for derived tables and dimensional modeling, APIs and caching layers for high-throughput serving, and SDKs for the orchestration of complex Spark and Flink pipelines.
- Build systems that secure and govern our data end to end: control access across multiple storage and access layers (including BI tools), track data quality, catalogue datasets and their lineage, detect duplication, audit usage and ensure correct data semantics
- Exhibit our core cultural values: positive energy, clear communication, efficient execution, continuous learning
- Data-oriented and product mindset
- Experience building data backend systems at scale with parallel/distributed compute
- Experience building API layers and microservices
- Experience with Python, Go and/or Java/Scala
- Knowledge of SQL
Preferred (not required)
- Experience using data tools and frameworks like Airflow, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Presto, Hive, or Kafka
- Good understanding of common blockchain structure and features.
- Experience with AWS, and especially EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis, IAM
- Computer Science or related engineering degree
What to send:
- A resume that describes scalable systems you've built
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.