Software Engineer - Backend at Fictiv (Remote)
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Title: Software Engineer - Backend
Industry Experience: 3+ years of relevant experience
Job Location: Pune, India. We support remote working presently - and will look forward to you joining us at our Pune office once the pandemic subsides.
Fictiv is a fast growing start-up based in San-Francisco, California - it was founded in 2013 and is revolutionising the $13 trillion manufacturing industry with a cloud-based, AI-powered platform. Fictiv’s software driven approach to manufacturing simplifies and accelerates the entire product development cycle, from prototype to production. The Fictiv Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem pairs intelligent workflow and collaboration software with a global network of highly vetted manufacturers. Fictiv’s combination of an easy-to-use cloud platform; design, quoting, billing and logistics systems; and an intelligent orchestration engine that manages our manufacturing partner network helps deliver high-quality mechanical parts at unprecedented speeds. At a time when manufacturing has become more global but remains rooted in outdated and time-intensive processes, Fictiv’s modern approach has proven to be a disruptive force in hardware manufacturing. Embraced as a trusted partner, Fictiv is transforming the way in which Silicon Valley innovators in electric and autonomous automobiles, medical robotics and consumer electronics deliver the next generation of products.
Fictiv recently announced a new $35M round of funding led by 40 North Ventures to aggressively expand Fictiv’s groundbreaking Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem. Honeywell, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp., Adit Ventures, and M20 also participated, along with previous investors including Accel, G2VP, Bill Gates, and Tandon Group, bringing Fictiv’s total investment to $92M.
Fictiv is expanding it’s engineering team in Pune, India - we are looking for talented engineers to join us in building a highly available, performant system that scales globally with our fast-growing business.What’s in it for you?
Small Team, Big Impact
We are a small team taking the next step in evolving our systems and infrastructure. You will play a key role in sharpening our technical execution as well as elevating our technical standards. With our team at a small size and growing, you will be well positioned to have a wide impact over a range of systems and decisions.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality products, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change An Industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
Our main challenge is to build a secure, globally scalable system. We need to reliably ingest, quote, and track millions of parts as they are manufactured around the world. We also handle a significant amount of pre-production intellectual property. Because of this, we are looking for backend engineers with experience developing secure, highly available cloud applications, and are solid contributors and can fully participate on Scrum teams to achieve team goals.Desired traits
- Technical expertise – You are fluent in writing code, and possess a solid understanding of the technical domain and concepts. You have some experience in building highly available, business critical systems in cloud environments (AWS ecosystem preferred) using Node.js.
- Your skills include -
- Proficiency with building backend APIs and integrations
- Experience and willingness to write unit and integration tests
- Experience developing/versioning/maintaining REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with SQL & No-SQL databases
- Experience with event systems such as queues, iPaaS, event buses
- Experience with distributed systems / caching / security (OWASP Top 10) is a strong plus
- Delivery – You consistently deliver high quality, maintainable, and defect-free code. You believe testing is an important part of creating quality software. Given an approach, you are able to deliver high quality, maintainable work (including code, tests, and documentation) without further assistance.
- Collaboration – You work well with adjacent teams and stakeholders to clarify understanding and solve problems. You proactively communicate the status of tasks and the impact on the project. You actively participate in technical design reviews and discussions.
- Team-oriented – You have a strong desire to help the team improve our collective craft. You assist in debugging production issues and handling blockers, even if you didn’t cause the problem.
- Continuous improvement - you like exploring new patterns / techniques to increase your technical breadth. You love to learn and share knowledge.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.