Senior Vulnerability Engineer at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
In joining the Vulnerability Management team, you will play a crucial role in protecting our members, data, and services. We focus on researching and hunting weaknesses that pose a risk to our core computing environment and partners with teams to achieve timely remediation. In addition to researching, triaging, and prioritizing vulnerabilities, you will provide technical expertise to evaluate security control effectiveness and contribute input to guide decisions around cybersecurity prevention strategies at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Understand prevention strategies, architecture, ensuring vulnerability scanning, and understand scanning capabilities and limitations
- Help drive security hygiene to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed at scale
- Review vulnerabilities, triage the vulnerability and applicability to the computing environment, then prioritize a balanced remediation plan.
- Work with technologies including cloud compute instances, physical hosts, and containers/microservices
- Provide expertise on hardening systems, applications, and environments to reduce the attack surface and drive appropriate prioritization of attack-chain level vulnerabilities
- Use tools such as Rapid7, Nexpose, InsightVM, TwistLock, Google Container Registry, and Metasploit
- At least 3+ years of experience within IT infrastructure systems, such as Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, MacOS, Microsoft Windows, and Kubernetes
- Experience Python scripting and spreadsheets
- Experience with developing security configurations, vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Demonstrated background in vulnerability scanning, working knowledge of how exploits leverage vulnerabilities, and developing mitigation/remediation plans
- An understanding of public Cloud configuration vulnerabilities, Docker container security, and Kubernetes
- Ability to work with engineering teams to convey risks, vulnerabilities, and formulate a path forward for remediation
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)