Senior Systems Staff Engineer - z/TPF at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Visa Payment Products Development organization is responsible for software development, platform engineering, and production support of the world’s largest and most reliable global payments processing engine. Passionate about technology, the successful candidate will be a talented, technical, proactive, energetic person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver to develop and support the VisaNet Integrated Payment System (VIP) in the Platform Engineering division.
As a Mainframe Systems Engineer, you will work with other System Engineers, Applications Programmers, and support teams to perform daily activities ranging in complexity and be responsible for the installation, configuration, upkeep, and reliable operation of one or more environments. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production). Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards and a positive approach to execution will help you and the team achieve new levels of performance.
- Provide online support for and ownership of problem resolution for z/TPF
- Assist Systems Engineers in developing efficient z/TPF enhancements and maintenance
- Problem-solving skills with a strong technical proficiency and strategic thinking
- Provide support for all incident, change, problem, and emergency paperwork for the z/TPF environment.
- Liaise with the Applications and Support Groups to ensure smooth delivery of all requirements from a z/TPF perspective, coordinating efforts across multiple organizations/teams.
- Work on integration of emerging technologies into current system document installation, configuration, and operation procedures.
- Lead technical projects including Proof of Concept evaluations
- Mentor and support the technical development of more junior staff
- Design testing approaches, complex processes, reporting streams, and assist with the automation of repetitive tasks
- Work on installing z/TPF Systems releases.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.Qualifications
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience
with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• 10 + years of experience of z/TPF Systems programming
• Expert knowledge in mainframe hardware (DASD storage and tape)
• Expert knowledge of IBM High Level Assembler and proficient knowledge of C++
• Familiarity with z/TPF operating system software.
• Excellent analytical skills including dump analysis.
• Expert knowledge of VPARS, z/TPF Toolkit, and testing z/TPF software in a VM environment.
• Extensive experience in all elements of the software engineering discipline from requirements
gathering through to implementation.
• Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent assignments with both technical and business
• Flexible, self-motivated, detail oriented, lifelong learner with high work standards who can perform
as an individual contributor, mentor, collaborative team member, or inclusive leader of a team.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.