We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is hiring! We are looking for an experienced system engineer to join the IT Operations System Engineering team automating identity and access management and administering cloud-based IT systems and tools. A successful candidate will have demonstrated previous success in similar role(s) in rapidly growing, security-first, environments. The right person is passionate about automation, scripting, and building infrastructure as code. Willingness to “roll up their sleeves” while simultaneously planning for scale is critical to success with this role!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner across the organization and the business to identify, evaluate, and resolve issues related to IT systems and integrations
- Build and configure various tools used to automate identity management, account provisioning and deprovisioning, and ensure access by role
- Manage policies and single sign-on with Okta; identify and drive efficiencies and improvements to the current system
- Manage and configure Google Workspace for enterprise-wide implementation of services
- Support and scale our outsource business partner engagement through tools and automation
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in workflow and manual process through automation
- Drive open source/code-based solutions and infrastructure where possible
- Implement technical and process improvements to support a security-first environment
- Generate and maintain internal and external documentation around process and workflows
- Partner with information security to reinforce and bolster Coinbase’s security posture
- Partner with compliance teams to support governance, risk, and compliance efforts across the IT organization
- Function as a technical escalation point for the IT Operations organization and the greater business
- Contribute to the development of operational metrics and help measure success across the team
- Support and mentor team members throughout the IT Operations organization
What we look for in you:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Shown success implementing, expanding, and utilizing infrastructure-as-code tooling to manage the corporate technology stack
- Hands-on enterprise development expertise with Google Workspace and Okta & integrating these services with corporate systems
- Deep experience building, iterating-on, and supporting complex integrations and automations for SaaS tooling at scale via API/SDK usage
- Mastery of a modern version control system (git preferred) with CI/CD
- Experience developing secure solutions in partnership with security engineering stakeholders in a security-first environment
- Experience implementing privileged access management solutions
- Strong fluency and experience in at least one scripting language (Ruby, Go, Python)
- Possess a growth mindset and passion for learning
- Able to deliver clear and concise communication
Nice to haves:
- Passionate about continuing to develop skills in cloud infrastructure (Coinbase leverages Amazon Web Services) and DevOps tooling (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.)
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is either $162,350 or $188,275 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.