WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
Talend’s Philadelphia office opened in 2018 with the acquisition of Stitch, a cloud data integration service, which is now part of Talend Cloud.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We work on a variety of products and projects in the Talend Cloud ecosystem, with a focus on Stitch and Smart Services. The Smart Services project aims to build features and enhancements that make users more productive across Talend Cloud. We build systems that capture and anonymize usage data and then build recommendation, forecasting, and automation features on top of that data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, and operation. You’ll collaborate with other software engineers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, and product designers to participate in the full software development lifecycle – from product requirements, to software design, to testing and release.
The team uses Clojure, Java, Python, ES6 and React. We run on AWS. Experience with these technologies is not required but is considered a plus.
Most of our code is written through pair programming, and you should expect to spend most of your time collaborating closely with other engineers on our team.
In the next year, we expect to:
· Continue to rapidly expand our universe of source and destination integrations
· Integrate tightly with the Talend Cloud platform
· Launch our product in new AWS regions
· Scale our data processing infrastructure to handle rapid growth in customers and data volume
· Add powerful new features to give users even more control over their data
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
To be eligible for this opening, you should have:
· Familiarity with basic data structures and algorithms
· Knowledge of web applications, databases, Linux and cloud environments
· A track record of delivering substantial software projects in cloud or SaaS products
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· While it’s not required, it would be a plus to have recent experience with Java, Clojure, or Python.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description