With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.Reports To
Software Engineering ManagerWhat You Will Be Doing
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with Customer Support, Product Management, Design and QA and be responsible for the development and support of ChargePoint tools and services.Responsibilities
- Write code for high-quality web-based applications, create robust applications, and develop functional prototypes quickly
- Work closely with product management to define user requirements and translating them into reliable, intuitive features
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, unit testing, and release
- Evangelize code quality through writing well architected, structured code, unit tests andpracticing good engineering hygiene
- Triage production issues and help customer support with debugging field issues
- Refactor, optimize and constantly drive for improved efficiency and code health
- Perform code reviews and suggest new optimized code•Experience with test-driven development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Scienceor equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
- Strong knowledge in any of the one language –PHP/Java/Python/Golang
- Strong fluency in an object-oriented programming
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
Gurgaon, India (Remote can also be the option)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.