As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are seeking a Senior Back End Software Engineer to work on our marketing and partner platform. Here, you will deliver high impact, high visibility features that literally every ActiveCampaign customer will interact with on a daily basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build better, smarter, and more versatile experiences for the marketing and partner platform
- Lead technical discovery and design efforts on large upcoming projects and initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve ActiveCampaign's platform reliability and performance and come up with technical proposals and implementation plans
- Architect scalable, cloud-native applications leveraging technologies like Python FastAPI, Kubernetes, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their limits
- Evangelize best practices in software architecture, observability, and integration patterns
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Create a multiplicative impact on the team by helping other engineers grow their skills and competencies
What is needed:
- Experience designing complex back end systems, preferably in AWS
- Proficiency in Python, Java, PHP or another Object Oriented Language
- Experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch is a plus
- Knowledgeable in best practices for automated testing
- Relentless focus on our customer's experience
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for mentoring and educating other engineers through pairing and code reviews
- Experience working with logging, monitoring, and alerting systems would be beneficial
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.