Senior Software Engineer
Chewy is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer for our Advertisement Technology platform. Our Engineering team is responsible for building and managing the tech stack supporting our advertising management services. The team is responsible for building high performing services that act on historical advertising performance data and make decisions based on the data. The team enables our performance marketing team by tooling to manage campaigns, explore opportunities and run tests in ad marketplaces. Alongside, the team is responsible for building and launching machine learning (ML) algorithms in real-time or batch mode to measure, predict and optimize paid marketing spend.
Come be part of the team to build AdTech from the ground up at Chewy!
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a member of a newly formed engineering team building the AdTech platform
- Design and build new features and automate performance marketing capabilities
- Write scalable, performant, readable and tested code
- Hold a high bar for the quality of the architecture and design of systems.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that operationally scale and are easily maintained.
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership and make data driven decisions.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner. Operate in compliance with IT standards, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained load
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and programing skills
- Experience developing software in an agile environment with CI/CD.
- Proficiency in programming language Python, Scala or Java, SQL
- Familiarity building solutions using Kafka, Spark and Spark Streaming
- Experience with both serverless (Glue, Lambda) and scalable/distributed systems in AWS
- Strong knowledge on RDMS and NoSQL database technologies in AWS
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience and Domain expertise in digital advertising or marketing technologies.
- Experience Integrating with SaaS platforms like BingAds, GoogleAds, Meta etc.
- Exposure to ML frameworks (like scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, PyTorch, SageMaker)
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.