Senior Software Engineer in Test SDET at BeyondTrust (Remote)
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
What Will You Do?
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test in our Software Engineering department, you will collaborate with our Engineering and Product Management teams. We are looking for a passionate and motivated Engineer who enjoys the challenge of assuring the quality of our products in a dynamic environment. This individual thrives at problem solving, writing robust and maintainable code, and is motivated by doing what is right for our products and our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Review and provide feedback on functional requirements for products
- Develop new tests and tools for frontend and backend code
- Setup and maintain reliable test environments and CI/CD pipelines
- Verify the product’s scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- Help engineers write thoughtful and maintainable code meeting various quality standards
- Review, debug, and provide feedback on code written by other team members
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members to support the operation and maintenance of products
- Collaborate with team members to perform code quality checks earlier in the software development process
- Analyze complex distributed systems and collaborate with others to improve the quality of those systems
- Communicate test results in a timely manner
What is Required?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven interest in growing your knowledge and skills
- 5+ years of experience in software development or related field
- Ability to understand any part of the software stack
- Ability to thrive in an environment where some team members work remotely
- Experience using C#, TypeScript, Angular, HTML, and CSS
- A good understanding of SQL and relational database schemas
- Experience working on distributed systems and familiarity with messaging paradigms
- Experience writing unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and/or end-to-end tests
- Familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with at least one continuous integration system (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Circle CI, etc.)
- Experience using git from the command line
What isn't required but would be AWSOME?
- Experience with Docker, gRPC, Protocol Buffers v3, Kubernetes, Envoy, or Istio
- Experience working on multi-tenant SaaS products
- Experience working on enterprise software products
- Experience with .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, and NuGet packages
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques
- Familiarity with secure coding practices and software security concepts
- Familiarity with services provided by major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience writing and reviewing technical specifications and design documents
- Basic networking knowledge about IPs, subnets, DNS
- Working as an agile team in scrums, sprints, and retrospectives
- Proficiency with using Linux and working from the command line
Who are you?
- You love to make sure code is well tested and maintainable.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You understand the value of automating repetitive tasks and the cost of automating one-off processes.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You don’t shy away from customer demands.
- You ask, “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You can find creative ways to do a lot with a little.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You always work for the best interest of the team.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Team?
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise products
- A wide range of employee benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Casual dress and atmosphere
- Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources.
This is an exciting and pivotal point in the company’s evolution. More enterprise organizations are recognizing the regulatory compliance and cybersecurity best practices of securing and managing privileged access to systems with highly sensitive data. BeyondTrust’s industry-unique ability to automatically discover and secure privileged credentials, while also protecting privileged access pathways, positions BeyondTrust for sustained growth in the burgeoning Privileged Access Management market.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.