Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, maintaining a high security bar earns us the trust of millions of customers. They choose to buy, sell and store billions of dollars worth of digital assets in our products. As a Software Engineer on the security tools teams, you’ll build automation that reduces the security friction that comes with maintaining a high security bar.
The Security Tools team works closely with our customers (engineering and security teams) to automate security controls and security workflows, and to develop risk discovery tooling. You’ll balance the role of being an individual contributor while anchoring new projects.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design and develop tools to automate security controls and security workflows
- Maintain the development of our open source security orchestration tool, Salus
- Continuously improve existing security tooling to adapt to our internal infrastructure
- Accelerate engineering and security velocity by implementing against security controls and security workflows across our engineering organization
- Build and design risk discovery tooling leveraging our polyglot services and infrastructure
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You know what high quality code and software engineering processes look like and how to foster an environment that creates them
- You are passionate about building an open financial system for the world
- You built systems, automation and tooling on cloud services
- Design tools that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
Nice to haves:
- You are familiar with integrating security automation within service oriented architectures at scale
- You are familiar with event-driven architecture and understand when it’s the right solution
- You enjoy building tooling that solves security problems
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.