Senior Software Engineer - React at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is seeking a Senior Frontend Software Engineer.
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our Virtual Bundling and Promotion team developing new features for Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
- Are you a passionate and energetic Software Engineer?
- Are you excited about developing solutions focused on providing delightful customer experience?
- Are you able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our continuous business growth?
- Are you a quality focused engineer?
If your answer is yes, read on...
Virtual Bundling and Promotion engineering team is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Frontend Software Engineer. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires engineers with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. As an engineer in our team, you will work with a talented group of backend and frontend engineers, product managers and business leaders in an Agile environment. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States. Our strong engineering teams @Chewy are focused on building solutions which guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build new features and capabilities on our customer facing application across Home, Nav, Product Display Pages of chewy.com
- Write scalable, performant, readable and tested code
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation on design, architecture, and solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Take responsibility and ownership of project timelines and deliverables
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years developing with frontend technologies
- 7+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises
- Experience with micro-services, micro-frontend, and/or service-oriented architecture
- Experience architecting systems with multiple domain dependencies and cross cutting concerns
- Expertise in measuring, evaluating, and tuning application performance
- Hands on experience working in a public cloud environment (AWS)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Position may require travel
- Experience designing and developing tests within a test automation framework
- 7+ years developing with server-side technologies (SpringBoot, Java/Kotlin)
- Working with extremely large datasets
- Agile experience is a plus
- Background in e-commerce
- Advanced technical degree
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.