Senior Software Engineer .Net, Intelligent Automation at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as a participating member on teams tasked to develop, improve, and deliver product / system elements and features.
- Breaks down functional and business requirements into tangible, clear and estimable objectives, providing recommendations to management and project team members.
- Writes end-to-end automated tests to provide code coverage for business-critical components.
- Ensures quality, performance, and adherence to specifications of assigned development tasks and adjacent technology solutions.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure design, development and execution align with, support adjacencies, and adhere to established architectural standards.
- Notifies team or technical manager of variances from plans and identifies changes in scope or work.
- Helps define and support implementation of coding standards.
- May offer technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- Takes an active role in the successful and timely delivery of any commitments to our business and technology stakeholders
- Builds strong relationships with customers, stakeholders, and other team members. Leverages relationships to help solve business problems and accomplish tasks. Gains credibility with customers and stakeholders.
- Participates in strategic roadmap discussions with customers. Develops and maintains expertise in the applications, technologies, business processes, and business drivers associated with key customers.
- May provide guidance to plan and execute software platform changes with minimal disruption to clients / ongoing activity. May analyze, assess, and communicate software implementation options according to various IT environments.
- May provide guidance of technology system features and participate in discussions on how best to integrate and communicate among applications, databases, and platforms.
- Proactively builds, nurtures, and maintains business-focused, long-term working relationships with partners inside and outside of the organization.
- BA degree in a related discipline with 4+ years of experience in a related field; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 2+ years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline
- 4+ years of experience focused on designing and developing applications in a .Net, Java
- 4+ years of experience working in a relational database environment (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Basic understanding of ETL and associated technologies
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams and/or other technical resources
- Proficient with technologies appropriate to the position (e.g., RPA, RDA). Has relevant industry knowledge of widely used systems and emerging technologies.
- Experience with various development methodologies (Agile, SDLC)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to management.
- Certification in automation tools such as Blue Prism / UiPath /Power Automation
- Project Management experience (Scope/Schedule/Budget)
- Experience working across a wide variety of enterprise groups (Sales Ops, Service Assurance, Business Ops, Field Services, etc.)
- Experience with reporting tools (MS Reporting Services, OBIEE, etc.)
- Knowledge of internal Cox enterprise systems: ICOMS, Remedy, OPTIX, etc. a plus
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.