Senior Software Engineer I - Front-End
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level by becoming part of our rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a self-driven, passionate, and talented Senior Front-end Software Engineer with focused experience in modern front-end technologies and is passionate about helping make the world a better place. As a Senior Front-end Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will be part of a high-performing team that is designing and building our instructional lessons.
The impact you'll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing ed-tech company and will impact classrooms and students with your contributions to i-Ready, our award-winning K-12 educational software service.
- You will work collaboratively with your agile development team members, product owners, and others to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- You will help build new and innovative solutions that solve challenging software issues.
Who we're looking for:
- You are a self-driven individual who is eager to grow their knowledge of front-end technologies.
- You are a born problem-solver who can find and implement solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience developing front-end highly engaging software solutions.
- You've got strong experience with the ins and outs of JS core capabilities.
- You've worked with CI/CD, Node, NPM, and Webpack.
- You've worked within the framework of the Agile methodology.
- You are a service-oriented individual who want to understand the customers they are serving and incorporate that into the product they build.
- People who are passionate about creating, owning, and maintaining clear and testable code.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in software development
- A good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
We'd also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with any of the following technologies is an advantage: CreateJS, CSS, WAI-ARIA, React, Redux, and TypeScript
- Previous experience in building responsive web applications or games
- Experience working in the world of open-source projects
- Educational or ed-tech background