Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) at Lightspeed Systems (Remote)
Our products span appliances, mobile apps, and networking, all the way up to cloud-based SaaS/web applications.
NOTE: We are open to remote work, except in Colorado. Colorado candidates will be required to relocate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll be working closely with our dynamic and fast-paced environment and be responsible for:
- Translating business requirements and UI/UX wireframe into high quality software
- Writing test-driven, clean, readable, and efficient code to deliver new user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Clearly documenting any programming-related information
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years’ work experience with commercial software development projects
- Demonstrated experience working with REST Web services
- Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology trends
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience working with GitHub
For over 20 years, Lightspeed Systems® has been a leader in the ever-changing landscape of K-12 learning technology. Lightspeed Systems works with tens of thousands of schools to maximize the safety, mobility, and effectiveness of their students’ learning experience. Every device can be covered with the most effective web filter, student safety monitor, classroom management software, device management tool, and analytics program available. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.
We love our employees, and we show it. A sneak peek into our BENEFITS & PERKS include:
- Health -- Medical, dental and vision insurance with healthy company contribution toward premiums. Lightspeed kicks cash into your HSA if you participate our HDHP.
- Wellness -- Paid parental leave. Healthy holiday and PTO policy, including Christmas to New Year’s Day break.
- Retirement -- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Other -- Work from where it makes sense. Pet insurance.