Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) at Textio (Remote)
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
We use a modern tech stack: React, TypeScript, Redux Sagas, Apollo, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Webpack
Textio's mission is to build software that creates understanding between people. Textio’s category-defining augmented writing platform has already transformed the way that thousands of companies write and hire, and we’re looking for a creative and driven Senior Software Engineer to help us bring our software to more places people write every day.
2021 was the strongest year in Textio history. We shipped several new products and doubled the size of our customer base. 2022 promises to be even more exciting: more new products coming to market, an ambitious revenue plan, and substantial team growth.
As an engineer on the Application Engineering team you’ll work alongside industry-leading designers and product managers to help create ground-breaking user experiences. We are the team that builds the frontend for Textio’s user-facing applications, from our guidance canvas for rich text editing to our in-depth analytics dashboards to our browser extension and integrations. We thrive on technical challenges and building user interactions the world hasn’t seen before.
There is incredible opportunity to be part of the entire lifecycle of building new products: from early conception of very rough ideas, to using customer feedback to iterate and improve what you’ve built.In this role you will:
- Build human-centric UX using technologies like React, TypeScript, and CSS-in-JS. We value an ability to learn and grow together above knowing any particular technology
- Focus on developing user experiences, with the option to jump in and solve hard problems across the entire stack
- Drive technical investments from the early exploration of ideas to delivering integral parts of our stack, balancing short-term goals with long-term architectural vision
- Mentor others on the team to help them grow as engineers across many dimensions
- Lead technical initiatives or feature teams by partnering with teammates across Design, Product, Data Science, and Backend Engineering to drive sophisticated features from start to finish
- You have 3+ years of experience writing production software
- You take pride in creating powerful experiences that are simple and intuitive for users
- You have strong systems-level thinking and can reason technically across an entire product
- You’re naturally curious about the technologies you use and take initiative to dive in, ask questions, and figure things out
- You build those around you through mentoring, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of everyone
- You thrive in an environment that tests ideas by building
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
- You have a point of view but are low ego
- [Amazing but not required] You have production experience developing extensions for browsers, native applications, or any other software.
We are building a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone’s on an equal footing wherever you’re based. Our positions are open to residents of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- We offer paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we'll match your hours with donations.
- You'll have access to on-demand, personalized coaching with Bravely.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $151,500 - $218,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation please contact our recruiting team at [email protected]
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/. Reach out and share your story with us!