Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Remote) at Caribou
At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
Caribou is a hyper-growth company built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend. In this role, you will collaborate with your engineering manager, product manager, and other teams in order to deliver features quickly with a focus on craftsmanship and quality. The Senior Software Engineer, Backend will:
- Develop and maintain a robust, internetworked API layer in a modern infrastructure as code ecosystem
- Integrate with vendors ranging from legacy systems to modern cloud products
- Create products that use state of the art tracking and instrumentation for analytics and triage
- Participate in product planning
- Develop and contribute to microservices
- Design data schemas that fit into a domain driven architecture
- Coach other engineers on your team
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the Senior Software Engineer, Backend may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. Caribou currently requires that all personnel and visitors to any of its offices are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position (subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
You are a natural leader and influencer capable of setting a vision for how technology investments enhance a Product and Engineering organization’s ability to deploy software and measure performance. You have:
- 5+ years of work experience working in the domain and tech described above.
- Passionate software engineer with high standards of craftsmanship
- Problem solver who enjoys thinking critically to solve difficult problems with creative solutions
- Person who cares deeply that your work realizes positive outcomes for our world
- Team oriented, succeed as a team
- Are committed to building software that helps people
- Work well in an environment involving several interdependent teams
- Willing to learn both legacy and cutting edge technologies
- Committed to becoming better every day and helping others do so to
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $160k - $185K annual salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401k savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Our Tech stack is not limited to this list but gives you a general flavor of our ecosystem: Rails, Kong, Airflow, Python, Node (NestJS), Typescript, GraphQL, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Argo CD & Workflows, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.