ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Organic Growth vertical with a focus on backend development. We look for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Organic Growth team, you’ll build products to help FanDuel reach new audiences by broadening user experiences and distribution channels. You'll collaborate with key partners such as NFL, NBA and Bleacher Report to deliver strategic partnerships showcasing FanDuel to an ever widening audience.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies or your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- You clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- On-call rotation where required.
- In the event of a problem you are able to troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, and thoroughly resolve defects.
- You provide excellent customer support.
- You participate in the interview process and help your team train SE interns.
- You will keep yourself up to date with market standards, open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, be; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and passion for writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs using Java.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.