Senior Software Development Engineer, Messaging at ReCharge Payments
Come join our brand new Messaging team at Recharge! We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineers to take our MVP messaging product to the next level. With Recharge Messaging merchants can connect to their customers instantly, drive engagement, build trust, and increase long-term value for their business.
In this role, you will work with a new team of engineers to build out this early stage product. As senior level engineer you will touch all parts of the stack, and help make design decisions. In this role you'll move fast, research, document, and think through problems to design and develop messaging features for our customers.
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams to build new features at scale.
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
- Typically around 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Expert knowledge of Python required
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless environments
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.