GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a hands-on Senior Security Engineer to keep information safe and eliminate risks across our products and internal systems. This individual will collaborate with GoodRx’s Lead Security Engineer and engineering team to ensure our services are well vetted and maintained. The Sr. Security Engineer will be technically savvy, a strong multitasker and be one step ahead to ensure consistent coverage and eliminate any room for vulnerabilities.
- Design and develop security testing scenarios and perform ongoing security testing and code review to improve our security posture.
- Maintain our security monitoring solutions and make changes when needed to improve visibility and relevancy of alerting.
- Serve as the security expert and communicate information security-related concepts to technical and non-technical team members.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Help oversee the organization's bug bounty program and work with independent security researchers as needed.
- Write software to automate discovery, testing, and reduce toil.
- Work directly with developers and product managers to help define security requirements for new projects and products.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience complying with various security standards and best practices, particularly related to high traffic consumer facing websites.
- Solid technical knowledge of database and Linux operating system security
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in any of the following fields: application security, software engineering, SRE.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years experience with Amazon Web Services products and services. (EC2, S3,RDS, Macie, Lambda, AppSync, etc.)
- Red/Blue team or relevant experience with modern penetration testing tools.
- Experience with PCI / NIST / CIS / ISO security frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container security is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of web application design, development and testing techniques
- Strong capacity for debugging web applications and security issues.
- You enjoy researching the latest security trends.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description