Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Salesforce Developer
We’re looking for an amazing Sr. Salesforce Developer to join our team, where we design, architect, and develop our enterprise wide business systems infrastructure. We run the systems that encompass the entire buyer’s journey from initial lead through marketing, sales, renewal, accounting, customer success and advocacy using tools including Marketo, Salesforce, NetSuite, and Zendesk. You get an opportunity to solve business problems and implement them in Salesforce and its peripheral ecosystems. This role is supported by the Sr. Manager, Go-to-Market Business Systems.
This position is a critical part of our Enterprise Systems growth. Key responsibilities include leading our efforts to streamline Lead-to-Cash, Quote-to-Cash processes and further improving our CPQ implementation, service delivery and tracking, and developing solutions to improve and optimize our business processes. You will be empowered to develop new ideas, find new capabilities, and drive their implementation and integration inside Fastly.
Succeeding in this position requires you to be a self-starter with problem-solving skills. You should enjoy becoming a domain expert in multiple areas and have a strong affinity for efficient processes, a well-organized database, and a passion for clean data. If you want a work environment where your ideas are welcome and contributions are recognized, this is the place for you!
What You'll Do
- Build custom and declarative applications on the Salesforce Platform
- Building advanced Apex triggers, Classes, Lightning Web Components, Visualforce pages
- Create and maintain declarative functionality (flows, validation rules, approvals, etc)
- Design data models, user interfaces, business logic and security for custom applications
- Transform business needs into actionable requirements and functionality
- Scope level of effort and potential options for delivery of functionality
- Data cleansing and data manipulations using various tools and scripts
- Ensure Salesforce security, by setting up and maintaining the model and sharing rules
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of work experience implementing Salesforce related projects from initiation to launch
- Demonstrable understanding of technology architecture, API’s, and integration standards
- Experience with complex data structures, data manipulation, cleaning, and de-duplication
- Ability to work with non-technical partners across the company
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Technical, systems, and business process acumen
- Strong problem solving skills (critical, strategic and evaluative thinking)
- Good understanding/proficiency with TDD, BDD and other agile development practices
- Experience working with a distributed team across time zones preferred
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, Mob Programming, etc)
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and Clean Architecture
- Experience building LWC, React, Vue apps
- Experience working with Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick) and other business apps
- Proficient with GIT or other comparable source version control tools
- Experience using VSCode for Salesforce development
- Salesforce Developer II and OpenJS Node.js Application Developer certifications
- Comfort with Whiteboarding and/or ‘Wireframe’ solutioning
- Well-versed with any or all of the following: Aura, Lightning Web Components, Lightning Design System, Salesforce DX, Salesforce DevOps tools
- 2-3 years experience working with Sales, Deal Desk, or Legal Operations preferred
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $135,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.