Senior QA Engineer at JPMorgan Chase (Dallas, TX)
The Senior QA Engineer role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in the software Development Lifecycle. The individual will work closely with the Automation team to define strategy and process, bringing automation in line with existing functional aspect of the test effort. In addition, the position will be responsible for creation, execution, maintenance of automated scripts and creating metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems. Overall, the resource will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including estimation, test plan execution and software quality needs.
- Writing and executing test plans, designing, and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Develop and maintain automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
- Assists in planning, scheduling, and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- Evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing the assigned work functions objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices and to ensure compliance with required standards.
- Collaborate with Business Project Managers, Technical Delivery Managers, Applications Development, Business Analysts, and Infrastructure managers to document, investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Provide test progress report with metrics to project stakeholders.
- Keeps abreast of software industry "Best Practices" and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- Perform other duties as assigned or self-initiated.
- 8+ years of Quality Assurance industry experience with significant experience leading multiple software development testing efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of testing methodologies and application debugging from a technical and business perspective.
- Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g., SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Comprehensive knowledge about automation testing tools, custom framework, and SQL scripts.
- Good Object-Oriented programming background.
- Proficiency to define highly complex automated test cases and scenarios.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment using Jenkins.
- Knowledge in Maven, TestNG, Gradle and GIT.
- Proficiency with web/rest services automation testing tools to include (but not limited to) JMeter, SOAP UI, Rest Assured etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including requirements analysis and basic application architecture knowledge.
- Experience with defect tracking/management software and the ability to formulate metrics.
- Comprehensive knowledge with Jira, XRAY, Confluence, SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Database, ability to write basic SQL queries a plus.
- Knowledge with performance and load testing tools to include (but not limited to) JMeter, LoadRunner is a nice to have.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.