Senior Platform Engineer at Visa Inc, (Remote)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain automated infrastructure for applications that leverage AWS's capabilities.
- Create IaC designs and build highly scalable and resilient platforms.
- Pioneer our transition to having autonomous platform teams.
- Key deliverable of migrating our on-premises workloads to AWS.
- X-as-a-Service interactions with product engineering teams.
- Contribute technical solutions and ideas to the team backlog.
- Measure and monitor your products' performance.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Great communication skills and a willingness to collaborate.
- Mentoring experience.
- Willingness to adopt a customer mindset in providing mission critical services and products to a diverse group of internal customers.
- Passionate about delivering value incrementally and efficiently.
- Scripting experience for automation on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Love working on greenfield projects and are comfortable establishing the foundations for others to build on, with the opportunity to influence technology choices and future directions.
- Solid experience with AWS core services (including AWS CDK / CloudFormation).
- Experience with most, if not all - .NET, Node, Python, PowerShell, Relational Databases, Document Databases, DynamoDB.
- Experience with operational disciplines such as security, resilience, monitoring, logging, patching, and disaster recovery.
- Experience working under an Agile methodology in a product focused organization.
- Ability to work with ambiguity bringing clarity through data and discovery.
- Previous experience working with SaaS products and services.