Senior Platform Engineer - Conversational Platform Verticals: Remote-US at LivePerson (New York City, NY)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.Senior Platform Engineer - Conversational Platform Verticals
Location: Anywhere in the US, Canada, Europe, Israel, Ireland, and the UK.
Organization: Conversational Platform Verticals <> Platform Engineering.
The world's most innovative brands choose LivePerson's Conversational Cloud. Our AI-powered Conversational Cloud has made over a billion brand-to-consumer conversations possible. We make it easy for consumers to ask questions and make purchases in the messaging channels they use every day. Currently, 18000+ leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS, and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI at scale and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Engineering at LivePerson is an inspired, customer-obsessed organization dedicated to building solutions that redefine the Conversational AI industry. We work in small, collaborative, agile, and mission-driven teams with a clear mission empowering quality, continuous feedback, testing, monitoring, and end-to-end ownership.
Our engineering teams make some of the most significant decisions at scale. Do you want to be part of the next stage of innovation and growth? As a Senior Engineer, you will be part of the Conversational Platform Verticals department and contribute to multiple tech stacks on different squads as an all-rounder. We are a globally distributed business unit spread across EMEA and the Americas.
What You Be Doing In This Role:
- Contribute to mission-critical tier-1 systems with >99.999% uptime.
- Use the expert programming knowledge to run major customer features.
- Hands-on write high-quality, well-tested code that is easy to read and maintain.
- Partner with engineering teams in running and operating services at scale.
- Improve configurations, processes, settings and work independently.
- Contribute to the team’s on-call rotation in a multi-time zone distributed environment.
- Work with fellow engineers from grooming to delivery of critical features.
Some of the technologies we are using:
- Spring 2x/3x, Spring Boot, and Nest.js
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Apache Kafka, Google Pub/Sub
- MySQL, Couch base, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Microservices, event-driven architecture
- GCP, AWS, and On-Premises infrastructure (Hybrid)
- Vault, OAuth2.0 Provider, and much more
What you need for success:
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, GCP/AWS, and Docker.
- Experience with mission-critical distributed microservices architecture.
- Enjoy working with multiple teams at once and be an established allrounder.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about continuous improvements in the engineering.
- Possess the Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones is a plus.
What do we offer:
- A globally, talented multi-cultural team from 30+ nationalities.
- Excellent base salary plus a bonus package.
- Great benefits such as pension plans, medical plans, dental plans, and more.
- 100% remote-friendly, work from anywhere opportunity.
- Lucrative vacation days, plus additional care days (depending upon location!).
- Continuous learning opportunities and we offer cloud certifications.
- WeWork Corporate Pass – use anywhere in the world.
- Exciting travel opportunities to headquarters (post-COVID).
- Choose a machine of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux).
- Internet and Cell Phone reimbursements and WHF Allowance.
- Team meets, lunches, dinners, and offsite fun activities.
- You will have the ability to make an impact at work and with brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
Read more about LivePerson and Our Principles here.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.