Senior Network Engineer at Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration and support of the organization's IT network infrastructure. This individual will share responsibilities to maintain, monitor and react to error conditions for all IT assets including network devices, servers, and storage with a focus on security, availability, and scalability. The ideal candidate will possess detailed organizational skills, a willingness to learn new technologies and be able to effectively work as part of a multifunctional group in a collaborative environment.
The impact you’ll have:
- As a member of the Infrastructure team, you will be instrumental in the operation, support, and expansion of all networking technologies, including WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewalls, IPS, and other security and network platforms.
- Contribute to capacity, scalability, and budget planning including evaluation of new technologies for new company initiatives.
- Participate in off-hours work and be part of 24 X 7 on-call network and systems support rotation, typically one out of every four weeks.
- Participate in the build and configuration of Windows Servers in a VMWare environment, leveraging automation tools for deployments and system consistency.
- Provide an escalation point for IT Support Services that includes supporting: Office 365, Active Directory, end user networking, and other client applications and processes.
- Create and update documentation for processes and procedures, including troubleshooting of common issues, network diagrams, server build standards, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 7 years of experience in a Network Administration or Engineering role including operation of Fortinet and or Cisco network equipment.
- 5 years of experience configuring, maintaining and upgrading Firewalls, IPS’s, load balancers, and other perimeter network technologies.
- CCNP certification or similar.
- Solid understanding of wireless networking, including RF analysis, 802.1x, and general wireless security concerns.
- Experience with NAC platforms such as Aruba Clearpass or Cisco ISE.
- Expert understanding of networking standards and technologies including VLANs, STP, ARP, Routing, DHCP, DNS, Wireshark, and others.
- Experience in administering cloud infrastructure in Azure, AWS, or other cloud providers.
- Understanding of system monitoring processes and best practices.
- Experience with scripting technologies and automation of common configuration tasks.
- Proven track record of handling multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced open environment.
- Demonstrates high analytical skills through troubleshooting and maintenance of complex technical environments.
- Successful collaboration with other teams, project managers, and vendors of varying technical ability.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly to a high level of proficiency.
- Strong understanding of information security principles and best practices including network level and endpoint protection mechanisms.
- Minimum travel required between our sites across the country (< 10%).
- Previous experience with providing 24 X 7 mission critical support.
- Ability to work as part of a team and establish working relationships with peers, co-workers, managers and external contacts, and work effectively and professionally in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills with high focus on customer satisfaction.
We’d also love to see:
- Storage administration experience and general understanding of storage performance metrics and issues.
- Hands-on VMware management, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and other MS products, including Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365, related certifications a plus.
- IIS, SQL, and Sharepoint experience.
Location and More about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.