Senior Mobile Developer (Android) at Lightspeed Commerce (Providence, RI)
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
As a Senior Mobile Developer (Android) you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS.
This role is a member of our North American teams, with the mission to support existing and new customers with a variety of hardware devices tailored to their specific Hospitality needs.
We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Java or Kotlin engineer to join our team and help build products that thousands of customers use every single day to run their businesses. You will join a healthy and collaborative team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state of the art technology, all while keeping it fun. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
For this role, you can be located anywhere in Canada or the US.
What we need from you
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-testable production software
- Design and lead technical initiatives to ensure our products are robust and maintainable
- Mentor other developers inside the team
- Collaborate closely with QA and Support teams in diagnosing customer issues
- Translating agile requirements into detailed plans
- Confidence in providing estimates for development effort
What you’ll be bringing to the team
4+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade software in Java or Kotlin, ideally on Android
- Experience integrating with external hardware devices
- A thoughtful sense of ownership for your products throughout the SDLC and beyond
- Knowledge of the different app architectures used to develop mobile applications
- Knowledge of connectivity considerations for mobile applications
- Experience integrating with REST web services
- Demonstrated experience creating maintainable tests
- Excellent spoken and written English
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with eventual consistency and distributed client models
- Experience with asynchronous programming patterns
- Experience with React Native
- A keen interest in visual and interaction design for mobile platforms
- A keen interest in API design
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, welcoming and supportive work culture and flexible time-off
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.