Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Our mobile app is crucial to our vision: Empowering entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We want our app to be so frictionless, so fast, so easy to use, that store owners flip it on whenever they have 10 seconds free. In those 10 seconds, our app will help entrepreneurs run the business of their dreams.
We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production weekly, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Mobile Build Tools Engineer to drive the evolution of Faire’s mobile apps by laying the necessary foundations for mobile tooling & infrastructure to power developer velocity with a long-term perspective.
As a Senior Mobile Build Tools Engineer, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Lay the necessary foundations for mobile tooling & infrastructure to power developer velocity with a long-term perspective.
- Building CI tooling that aligns with our technical vision. Ensure that our CI pipeline is as efficient as possible proactively (taking care of parallelization, blocking vs. non-blocking steps).
- Create processes and systems that unblock engineers when our mobile tooling and systems fail.
- Defining CI uptime and green-time (and other) metrics, and looking for opportunities to make mobile teams’ lives better
- Help scale out the entire mobile engineering teams processes and systems.
- Coach and mentor mobile engineers in a fast paced & hyper growth environment.
- Help shape the long-term high-quality bar of our mobile apps through broad testability strategies.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 4+ years of Mobile experience having worked on multiple apps shipped to the Google Play/App store
- Experience shipping and maintaining a mobile app over an extended period of time - working with mobile apps at scale or having helped apps scale to millions of users is a plus!
- A passion for programming alongside strong problem solving and architecture abilities
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Dependency Injection (eg, Dagger2)
- Protocol buffers
- Expresso Unit testing
- Swift, SwiftUI
- UIKit, XCTest, Swinject, Firebase, APNs
- Diffable Data Sources, UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout
- Minimum version of iOS 13
- Protocol Buffers
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.