Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Messaging at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Senior Engineering Manager.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to be the senior engineering manager leading software engineering team(s) in the Twilio’s Supply Engineering organization.
Twilio’s Supply Engineering organization is growing rapidly with an ecosystem of many hundreds of providers around the world that are used to deliver messages. We have a compelling vision of how the messaging traffic from our customers utilizes this choice of supply to meet both the needs of the customer and expectations of the ecosystem. Our Messaging Supply Engineering teams are the core backbone of delivering messages to telecom providers. We process many billions of messages per month, requiring high scalability and fault tolerance from our services. Many other teams rely on integrating their services with the Supply Engineering services to deliver their features to customers.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Curate, lead and grow a team of passionate software engineers.
- Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained quality, predictability and high velocity.
- Encourage your teams to find progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- Take ownership of services related to your teams and drive ownership through your teams.
- Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal partners.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5 years of people management experience, leading engineering teams in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Have led 10+ people engineering organizations successfully to deliver both software and network solutions to meet customer needs.
- Passion for developing the next generation of engineers within your organization and providing an environment for learning and growth.
- Have the technical ability to understand software, telecommunications, network and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Communication skills across multiple levels of the organization.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Highly data driven in decision making with clear understanding of good input and output metrics and the mechanisms to support them.
- The ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into aligned priorities with actionable plans for your team.
- (Strongly Preferred) Experience of systems, architecture and APIs - including customer facing API based products - and working with architects to define them.
- (Strongly Preferred) Experience of platform focused products or internal platform services.
- Previous experience as a software engineer.
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
This role will be based in our Warsaw, Poland office.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.