Okta is seeking an experienced manager to lead a team of engineers in our Business Platforms Engineering function within the Business Technology organization. This team is responsible for delivery and execution of technology solutions on enterprise platforms with focus on engineering excellence and velocity.
As a Senior Manager of Engineering, you will play a key role in the execution of our Enterprise Applications strategy that directly impacts internal business operations supporting Okta’s growing business by directing the overall development release, and maintenance of applications that enable business success. You must be collaborative and able to build trusted partnerships with extended teams. A successful candidate will have the ability to balance priorities and collaborate with cross functional teams while delivering within an agile delivery framework and supervising key performance indicators.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and retain extraordinary talent
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver technology solutions that enable the business
- Perform engineering design evaluations and ensure the completion of projects within resource, budget, and scheduling constraints.
- Prioritize resource allocation
- Champion Agile methods and practices
- Participate in core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies
- Manage objectives, priorities, trade-offs, and risk
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing management responsibility roles in software engineering, with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- A strong background in IT application development.
- Experience developing solutions leveraging SaaS/PaaS platforms like Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Anaplan, Xactly and Boomi.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment
- Experience coaching and developing engineers to meet career objectives
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering principles and frameworks.
- Understanding of business value streams and processes - campaign to opportunity, opportunity to order, order to cash, issue to resolution, recruit to retire, procure to pay, plan to report.
- Excellent communication skills and executive presentation abilities
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.