Senior Machine Learning Research Engineer, Tracking at Motional
The machine learning team authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150), and CoverNet (https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298) is looking for engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch an autonomous taxi system.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with our tracking team who are responsible for estimating the motion and behavior of objects interacting with our self driving vehicles.
- Frame multi-object tracking problems into well-defined ML problems; develop and apply cutting-edge ML approaches.
- Collaborate with other teams, including object detection, planning-control, ML data service and systems engineering teams.
- Conduct experiments, write reports, and file patents
What We’re Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong programming skills in C++ or Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing and implementing object tracking algorithms.
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR…)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.